New York University / New York City, NY
Master of Arts in Journalism, Emphasis: Urban reporting
Westminster College / Salt Lake City, UT
Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Cum Laude), Spanish minor
Credit.com / New York City, NY
Deputy Managing Editor
March 2016 – Present
• Build and maintain relationships with syndication network — including ABC, CBS, FOX, MSN, USA Today, TIME, MarketWatch, MSN, and Yahoo — to increase site traffic, readership, and revenue.
• Oversee content production of in-house writers, freelancers, and contributors: assign/edit articles, provide feedback and format articles in WordPress for publication.
• Support SEO team and other key members of the organization to maintain brand identity and develop content/brand awareness.
• Plan and manage editorial calendar for digital publication of articles.
• Write and edit articles for on-site publication as well as syndication on partner sites.
Mic / New York City, NY
Arts and Entertainment Freelance Writer
March 2013 – March 2016
• Wrote arts and entertainment articles targeted toward millennials.
• Named one of the Top 50 Writers Under 30.
CLEARLINK / Salt Lake City, UT
Writer Supervisor and Editor
August 2011 – October 2015
• Managed seven site newsrooms: calendars, social media campaigns, writing/editing articles.
• Started freelance writer program – built it up to two teams with 10-40 writers each.
• Supervised freelance writers: hiring, assigning/editing articles, giving feedback, ensuring quality.
• Developed targeted site strategies, audience personas, and content style guides.
• Promoted from team copywriter to supervisor after six months.
• Edited 145-200 articles per month.
NBC Universal / New York City, NY
May 2010 – May 2011
• Reported at high-profile events and wrote daily articles for the local media site, Niteside.
• Wrote articles leading the NBC home page as well as articles with national coverage.
• Recognized by managing editors for exceptional story angles, interviews, and characters.
Us Weekly Magazine / New York City, NY
January 2010 – May 2010
• Reported at live events, including Spring Fashion Week and Academy Awards gala.
• Copy edited, selected editorial content for publication, and transcribed full interviews.
Pavement Pieces / New York City, NY
Culture Beat Reporter
September 2009 – December 2010
• Contributed articles, photos, and multimedia content to the online publication.
Westminster Forum / Salt Lake City, UT
Reporter and Editor
August 2005 – May 2007
• Wrote and copy edited articles and selected photos; published bi-weekly.
The Taylorsville/Kearns Journal / Salt Lake City, UT
January 2003 – June 2004
• Covered community events and wrote monthly features.
• Technical and Web: Proficient in AP style; Mac and PC fluency; Microsoft Office; Type 90 wpm; CMS; SEO copy
• Multimedia: Final Cut Pro; iMovie; Avid iNews; Social Media
• Publishing and Design: WordPress; HTML; Adobe InDesign; Adobe Photoshop
• Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ)
• American Society of Journalists and Authors (ASJA)
• Society of Business Editors and Writers (SABEW)