New York University / New York City, NY
Master of Arts in Journalism, Emphasis: Urban reporting
Westminster College / Salt Lake City, UT
Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Cum Laude), Spanish minor
Policygenius / New York City, NY
Associate Director of Media Relations
October 2018 – Present
• Stood up the Media Relations function, developing media/PR strategies and media training program.
• Serve as primary contact for media inquiries for in-house experts and senior leaders, including CEO.
– Built CEO’s thought leadership profile, including feature on NPR’s How I Built This podcast.
• Lead strategic planning and execution of major media campaigns, including creating messaging for press releases, talking points, statements, executive thought leadership, and other materials.
– Announcement of $125 million Series E and $100 million Series D fundraises. Top-tier coverage included Bloomberg, Cheddar TV, Wall Street Journal, and Fortune.
– Opening of second corporate headquarters in Durham, North Carolina.
– Business expansions including home and auto insurance and B2B platform, Policygenius Pro.
• Partnered with Content team leaders on data initiatives (commissioned surveys, reports, etc.)
– Secured coverage includes The New York Times, Washington Post, CBS, and Quartz.
• Managed award submission strategy, resulting in awards for the business and CEO/co-founder, including Stevie Awards, Forbes Fintech 50, and EY Entrepreneur of the Year New York Award.
• Served as communications representative on internal COVID Taskforce.
– Received Regan honorable mention award in the COVID-19 Communication category.
Senior Editorial Partnerships Manager
September 2017 – October 2018
• Built editorial partnerships with major publications, including Inc. Magazine, Apple News and MSN.
• Identified/crafted compelling stories for high-level placements in print, broadcast, and digital media.
– Grew media placements by 116% in a five-month period and 62% year over year.
Credit.com / New York City, NY
Deputy Managing Editor
March 2016 – August 2017
• Built/maintained relationships with syndication network — including ABC, CBS, FOX, USA Today, TIME, MarketWatch, MSN and Yahoo — to increase site traffic, readership, and revenue.
• Oversaw content production of in-house writers, freelancers, and contributors: assigned/edited articles, provided feedback and formatted articles in WordPress for publication.
• Supported SEO team and other key members of organization to maintain brand identity and develop content/brand awareness.
• Planned and managed editorial calendar for digital publication of articles.
• Wrote and edited articles for on-site publication as well as syndication on partner sites.
Mic / New York City, NY
Arts and Entertainment Freelance Writer
March 2013 – March 2016
• Wrote arts and entertainment articles targeted toward millennials.
CLEARLINK / Salt Lake City, UT
Writer Supervisor and Editor
August 2011 – October 2015
• Managed seven site newsrooms: calendars, social media campaigns, writing/editing articles.
• Started/supervised freelance writer teams: hired, assigned articles, and ensured quality.
• Developed targeted site strategies, audience personas, and content style guides.
NBC Universal / New York City, NY
May 2010 – May 2011
• Wrote daily articles leading the NBC home page as well as articles with national coverage.
• Interviewed top “gets” at high-profile events — submitted articles and photos 2 to 4 hours after events.
• Recognized by managing editors for exceptional story angles, interviews, and characters.
Us Weekly Magazine / New York City, NY
January 2010 – May 2010
• Reported at live events, including Spring Fashion Week and Academy Awards gala.
• Copy edited, selected editorial content for publication, and transcribed full interviews.
Pavement Pieces / New York City, NY
Culture Beat Reporter
September 2009 – December 2010
• Contributed articles, photos, and multimedia content to the online publication.
The Taylorsville/Kearns Journal / Salt Lake City, UT
January 2003 – June 2004
• Covered community events and wrote monthly features.
SKILLS, MEMBERSHIPS, AND ACCOLADES
• Technical and Web: Proficient in AP style; Type 90 wpm; SEO copy; Ahrefs
• Publishing and Design: WordPress; HTML; Adobe InDesign; Adobe Photoshop and InDesign; Content Management Systems
• Member of Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ) (2014 — Present)
• Member of the Alumni Board of Directors at Westminster University (2022 — Present)
• Nominee for 2022 Moxie Women in Tech Award from BuiltIn
• Named one of the Top 50 Writers Under 30 by Mic Magazine (April 2013)